Unlimited music at your finger point, no storage worries, and streaming live versions/remakes/remixes with music streaming apps have revolutionized the way we listen to our favourite music. These apps give its users ease of accessibility, strong features, personalization facilities, and much beyond. Usage and popularity of the apps like Apple Music, Spotify, and Wink tell the story of this burgeoning marketplace.
Trends & Stats To Know When You Make A Music Streaming App
The music streaming apps are much more popular today because they have strong capabilities of suggesting appropriate tracks, artists, genres, and albums based on the users’ likings, logged from past actions. This sort of solid individualization is done with the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies.
A large part of revenue in the music industry originates from music streaming i.e. about 84% of the total music revenue comes from music apps. This can be attributed to the fact that the paid subscriptions to platforms like Spotify and Apple Music crossed 80 million paid subscriptions by the year 2021. Now we will discuss the growth drivers of this business and understand how to build your audio streaming app.
Types of Music Streaming Service
- Music Library – With Music Library, users can create a list of tracks, radio stations and upload them to the Music library.Apps like Google Music, SoundCloudallow music library function to their competitive advantage.
- Cloud Storage– Users can store a large collection of music using the public cloud. They can play the list whenever they want, without having to upload and store it anywhere offline. E.g. pCloud
- Radio Stations – Radio stations or streaming radios are digital audio services transmitted through the Internet. E.g. Apple Music and iHeartRadio.In this format, the podcasts are genres, albums, artists, or bands specific.
Key Features of Custom Music Streaming App
- Registration Process– This is a requisite feature that lets users create a virtual music room of their own in the app. Make logins simpler through Facebook or Google login support.
- Search Music Option– Users can search for their favorite music by genre, album, artist, lyrics, etc.
- Voice Search Option– Voice search lets users find their music through sound commands.
- Offline Streaming– This feature allows listening to songs without internet connections through local storage space that can cache audio data.
- Multi Language Support – The Language feature allows users to listen to broadcasts and streams of their preferred language.
- Online Help – There must be handy assistance for troubleshoots and queries in the app, so FAQs and online assistance should be incorporated.
- Pre-addition or Pre-save– This is an interesting element where, before a popular album hits release, fans can save it and gets access to it immediately on its releases.
- Real-Time Lyrics–This feature helps music streaming apps run real-time lyrics with the music.
- Tailored Playlist – This is an improved function whereby the app gathers information about user’s preferences and moods to recommend a personalized music list.
- Social Media Incorporations – Through integrating social media like Facebook and Instagram with your app users share their experiences. It is an excellent way to promote your app.
- Login Confirmation & Registering– Users are asked direct questions like age and zip-code etc. to make popular music recommendations while registering. This helps build a strong community of music lovers of similar preferences.
- Smooth Navigation – An attractive interface for simple navigation makes users comfortable and lets them comfortably navigate the app.
- Social sharing of favourite playlists and music- Allows users to share their playlists with friends on social media platforms.
More Features That Are Conquering the Music Streaming Market
- Live Dashboard
The app gathers information for data analysis and trend forecasting to provide personalized and real-time insights into your music.
- Live Analytics
Incorporating analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Microsoft Analytics, etc. monitors traffic to your app. This helps create workable data and take decisions based on source of traffics.
- Flexible Bitrate
It allows delivering high-resolution content to all the user devices irrespective of internet connection, device & platform.
- Multiple Codecs Support
With Multiple Codec, compressing video files to stream higher-quality video with the same network infrastructure becomes possible.
- CMS integration
Integrate a robust CMS to import, manage and share content from your own audio streaming platform along with Meta-data management.
- Payment Gateway Service
Incorporate best payment gateways so that users can purchase subscriptions securely. Set multiple payment gateways for convenient user transactions.
How To Create Your Own Music Streaming App
Confirming your app idea
In the first place it is essential to frame the business scope and detailed route map for your app development process. Set your desired outcome, target audience, features to be incorporated along with the revenue generation process to identify your MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
Figure Out your target audience
Every music streaming app had its own audience base. Find out your target audience as it will support selecting the right monetization model for your business. E.g. Spotify has a huge fan base in social media-loving millennials.
Adhere to Copyright Rules
When music is played in an app without necessary permissions from companies and the artist, it attracts huge fines. Therefore, work on acquiring proper licenses from the pertinent agencies to create a legitimate musical environment around your app.
Radio or on-demand Music
While in a radio format, users can stream music but cannot choose; in an on-demand music streaming app users can play whatever, whenever they want an internet connection. Development process for each of these is different and hence the need to choose between the formats is important.
Draft the Archetype
Make a prototype before you work on development of a full-fledged app. A prototype lets you conduct beta-testing among a small group of beta-testers to collect feedback and make the app better.
A Minimum Viable Product is a simple mobile app with most necessary features only. It is advisable that you release the basic streaming app, collect feedback and improve your app first. Gradually build an advanced music streaming app for android, iOS and other platforms with better features. This lets you figure out your target audience also, reducing the pit stops in the way of development.
Decide the features
From making registration seamless to deciding the most attractive features for your app, choose them wisely from the hot-selling features we have already listed above, so that your app gains maximum exposure.
Ensure Security Protocols
Security protocols must never be overlooked. The login credentials, payment details and subscription information of the user, stored in the backend, if gets poached, can tarnish the reputation of your app. Therefore, make necessary provisions to keep app data secure.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A Music App Like Spotify
The cost of creating a music streaming app depends on many factors like the type of app chosen, platform used, functions, design, and deployment process etc. You can choose to work with a reputed tech-stack provider for a justifiable cost.
How To Make Money From Your Music Streaming App
Commercial Ads –
Ads generate revenue from your app. There are Display Ads and In-Content Streaming ads. Display ads are flashed for a few seconds in between two tracks. Whereas In-Content streaming ads play at intervals of 15 -20mins and are used mostly in the freemium models.
Subscription model users can upgrade to a premium version, and get benefits like unlimited music downloads and other incentives. Subscription model fetches regular revenue to the app owners, hence it is a popularly adopted format.
This is the most profitable monetization plan. The user picks extra content, upgraded features, extra storage and such additional facilities, and pays to purchase them. Such offering fetches more profits to app companies.
Freemium versions of applications are preferred by users over the paid models and attract more people to the platform. Freemium apps are generally ad-supported and the users of this model have a greater chance of getting converted to paid subscribers.
Music streaming websites are predicted to climb the revenue ladder manifolds. Work with a reputable market leader for the best technology stacks and a flawless streaming app, to leverage this opportunity sensibly.
Companies offer a surpassing technology stack with advanced technologies and fastest playback. Let your users experience best music and robust audio streaming software that has remarkable features. They have an enterprise white label audio/video solution provider. The team can support you in building a cutting-edge and secure audio streaming platform.